THOROUGH & DETAILED
OUR HOME INSPECTION SERVICES
OUR COMPLETE COBB COUNTY & SMYRNA GA HOME INSPECTIONS
Hiring Prime Choice Home Inspections comes with a commitment to provide you the most thorough inspection you’ll find anywhere. Using the latest tools and technology combined with our extensive knowledge in home systems, we perform a visual inspection of the exterior, roof, structure, electrical, cooling, heating, insulation & ventilation, plumbing, interior rooms (garage, kitchen, appliances, windows, walls, ceiling, lighting) and the site around your home. Our goal is to ensure your home is mechanically & structurally sound & safe.
You are encouraged to attend your inspection so we can describe the process, explain findings, point out important maintenance items, and answer all your questions.
Following the inspection, I compile my findings in an easy-to-read report, which includes detailed descriptions and high-resolution digital photos of any defects I have found. You receive your report by email within 24 hours or less, and I work with you and your agent to make sure everything is understood.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR HOME INSPECTION
Most of your home inspection report will be information on the condition of components within your home that are in need of maintenance, life expectancies, and notes on minor imperfections. However, the things that really matter fall into the following four categories:
– Major Concerns, such as a structural problems
– Problems leading to major defects, such as a small roof leak left untreated
– Issues that may hinder your ability to finance, legally occupy, or insure the home (asbestos, lead, etc.)
– Safety hazards (gas leak, electrical issue, etc.)
Anything within these four categories will be addressed. Often times, serious problems can be fixed inexpensively to protect your family and your property. No home is perfect. We are here to help you keep things in perspective: You don’t have to miss out on your dream home over minor things that are easily fixable.
You’ll receive a complete evaluation from foundation to roof, inside and out. On the inside, we will inspect the plumbing, heating and air conditioning, and electrical systems, framing, windows, and built-in kitchen appliances. On the outside, we will inspect the roof, chimneys, gutters, foundation, retaining walls, decks and patios. Our Cobb County & Smyrna GA Home Inspections are held to the highest standards. We adhere to InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice and will inspect the following items, when visible and safely accessible:
- Siding: Look for dents or buckling.
- Foundations: Look for cracks or water seepage.
- Exterior Brick: Look for cracked bricks or mortar pulling away from bricks.
- Insulation: Look for condition, adequate rating for climate (the higher the “R” value, the more effective the insulation is.)
- Doors and Windows: Look for loose or tight fits, condition of locks, and condition of weather stripping.
- Roof: Look for age, condition of flashing, pooling water, buckled shingles, or loose gutters and downspouts.
- Ceilings, walls and moldings: Look for loose pieces and drywall separation.
- Porch/Deck: Loose railings or step rot.
- Electrical: Look for condition of fuse box/circuit breakers, number of outlets in each room.
- Plumbing: Look for poor water pressure, banging pipes, rust pots or corrosion that indicate leaks, insufficient insulation.
- Water heater: Look for age, size adequate for the house, speed of recovery, energy rating.
- Furnace/Air Conditioning: Look for age & energy rating. Furnaces are rated by annual fuel utilization efficiency; the higher the rating, the lower your fuel costs.
- Garage: Look for exterior in good repair and condition of floors – cracks, stains etc.; condition of door mechanism.
- Basement: Look for water leakage, musty smell.
- Attic: Look for adequate ventilation & insulation, water leaks from roof.
- Driveway/Sidewalk: Look for cracks, heaving pavement, crumbling near edges, and stains.
- Septic Tanks (if applicable): Adequate absorption field capacity for the percolation rate in the specific municipality and the size of your family.